The holidays are over and we will start 2020 with great new features on our TaskForm platform and in our app!
With the new ‘gallery’ function in a form screen you can now select multiple photos at once and display them clearly in a table in the app.
The icons on the platform and in the app have been modernized.
TaskForm data connector extension
The tool to integrate the entered data with the local software has undergone various changes.
- The API key and other passwords are stored encrypted
- Link with SFTP added
- Link with Amazon S3 added
- Ability to save entered form files at specified location.
- CSV files are now split per piece or per 250 lines.
API access at user level
When linking data, an API key was used in the past that provided access to all components. It is now possible to link third-party software with an API key that is limited to certain data tables or forms and with limited rights. This gives you much more control over the access that you give to a party that wants to link to the data on the platform.
The API key can be created on the ‘Organization setup’ page.
Extra options for tasks
- A task can be created without directly linking it to a user. This prevents a task from being created when no use is available. The task can be assigned to a user later.
- Coming soon: ‘Auto-complete’ function for tasks when all actions have been completed by the user.
- New options ‘Expected duration’ and ‘Expected ready time’ to enter in a task (Previously it was always 1 hour)
- Tasks can be assigned to the first available user in a specific group.
- When the TaskForm app is updated in Playstore or Appstore, the user will be notified in the app. We hope that users will update faster in order to be able to use the new features.
- The platform can now also be searched on the ‘Data- & gt; Feed’ and ‘Data- & gt; Map’ screens.
- “Data & gt; Feed” shows more information about the form entered in the title.
- File upload on an Android device gives a nice ‘Uploading’ notification when it is started. The upload also has more time to complete.
- The new ‘Populate table from datasource’ function accepts more lines (250 instead of 100)
- Forgot your password? The options for resetting the password are extensive.
- Set new permissions to allow a ‘non-administrator’ access to the user part of the platform.
- Administrators have implicit rights to certain parts of the platform, which can no longer be disabled
- A new ‘Manage’ button at Documents provides the option to delete or archive multiple documents at once.
- A new function can be used in the formulas to determine whether the user is ‘Basic’ or ‘Premium’.
Bug fixes and maintenance
- Read-Only with image fields also works with ‘Capture from URL’
- Fix: Turning screen problems when using ‘Open URL in App’ on iOS devices
- Limit set to Media and File fields to prevent misuse and to limit data usage of a mobile device.
- Fix: inline barcode scanner that was no longer visible after using a Visibility formula.
- Fix: Android title text update did not work properly when using Choice and Action fields.
- Fix: iOS form history sometimes had overlapping texts
- The image of the ‘Screen’ designer is now remembered after saving